1902 Mohawk and Malone Railway $17.50 Bond Interest Coupons, Payable in Gold Coin
Excellent condition. Uncut block of 20 pcs. Attractive vignette on each note!
Engraver: American Bank Note Company, New York
Dr. William Seward Webb's Mohawk and Malone Railway crossed the northern Adirondacks at Tupper Lake Junction, just north of Tupper Lake. Webb was president of the Wagner Palace Car Company. He began by purchasing the 3 ft (914 mm) narrow gauge Herkimer, Newport and Poland Railway, which ran 16 miles (26 km) from Herkimer to Poland, converting its trackage to 4 ft 8 1⁄2 in (1,435 mm) standard gauge, and straightening it to avoid multiple crossings of the West Canada Creek. He then had track built from Tupper Lake to Moira and thence to Montreal. This was called variously the Adirondack and St. Lawrence Railroad and the Mohawk and Malone. 
After 1893, it was controlled by the New York Central and Hudson River Railroad.
It opened in 1892 from Malone Junction to Childwold Station with a branch from Lake Clear Junction to Saranac Lake. In 1913, it merged with the New York Central and Hudson River Railroad as the "Adirondack Division".