Princeton, MS- Lake Washington & Deer Creek Rail Road and Banking Company $10 Mar. 1, 1838 Kraus 10491
The Mississippi Legislature incorporated the "Lake Washington and Deer Creek Railroad and Banking Company" in 1836. Based in Princeton, the railroad began constructing a line east from the town to Lake Washington and Deer Creek. Only a portion of the railroad bed was completed before the company's charter was repealed in 1839. This note, which depicts a man with his dog, grades Very Good, with a repair of several small edge splits in the upper margin. This is only the third example we have offered.
Leggett 9 R6 (6-10) known